|We have 438 registered users
The newest registered user is korean hip hop
Our users have posted a total of 8804 articles within 2092 topics
|Welcome to The Watchers Portal
|Announcement: Patch Notes - July 15, 2009
|Posted: Harden @ Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 am
|July 15, 2009
Here's a sneak peek at Wednesday's Game Update Notes:
*** Highlights ***
- New Hot Zones are now available!: Hot Zones offer an increase in normal adventure experience for the zone and have the additional bonus of some new content. Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge will be happy to point you to the current location of a Hot Zone appropriate for your level. Franklin also has a series of tasks that can be done in each of the current Hot Zones. Each task can only be completed one time each day. The following zones are now Hot Zones:
Tower of Frozen Shadow
- Hard Mode: All Seeds of Destruction raid events should now have a more challenging version available with a lower population cap. The "hard mode" versions of the raids are the same as the original raids but have a maximum character limit of 36. There are new reward items for completion of these raids.
- Anniversary Augments: This year's reward augments have been added to the abaci from the 10th Anniversary raid events. Each abacus will compare the reward from last year to the reward from this year and give you the better of the two results. Rewards for the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons event are currently only being given for players who defeated all 20 dragons. A progressive reward for defeating each individual dragon will be added with our next items update.
*** Items ***
- Removed the NO TRANSFER flag from 51/50 server starting gear that prevented augments from being inserted into it.
*** Spells ***
- Arcane Blade Strike now has a higher multiplier cap for higher rank versions of the song.
*** Quests & Events ***
- All Seeds of Destruction raid events should now have a more challenging version available with a lower population cap. The "hard mode" versions of the raids are the same as the original raids but have a maximum character limit of 36. There are new reward items for completion of these raids.
- This year's reward augments have been added to the abaci from the 10th Anniversary raid events. Each abacus will compare the reward from last year to the reward from this year and give you the better of the two results. Rewards for the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons event are currently only being given for players who defeated all 20 dragons. A progressive reward for defeating each individual dragon will be added with our next items update.
- The Automated Vending Unit II in Dragonscale Hills will now sell un-cored templates for achievements in Crystallos as well as Meldrath's Mansion.
- Players on the Mayong server will now be able to get a secondary set of titles from killing certain marquee encounters from each of the encounters. These titles will be awarded on any kill after the server first.
*** AA ***
- The Beastlord AA Ability Group Shrink will no longer interfere with your Summon Clockwork Banker veteran reward ability.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Seeds of Destruction Beta Rewards are now available for anyone who met the correct qualifications. The Beta reward is available on your account via the claim window. In order to claim the reward, log on to the character you wish to claim the reward on and open the claim window by using /claim. Once you have claimed the reward, you will receive a Mercenary Conscription Authorization. Click on the Conscription Authorization and you will be granted access to purchase 2 new mercenaries from Facesmasher Brog in the Plane of Knowledge – a Siren cleric and a Minotaur warrior. Once you /claim the item on a character you will not be able to claim it on another character so please be sure you log on to the correct character before accepting the claim. You do not need to log on to the Beta server to claim the reward.
- Made some behind the scenes changes to the marketplace. Let us know if you have any issues adding funds to your wallet.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain rogue poisons to use the user's level rather than the poison's level.
- /who all <guild name> will now return the members of that guild, as well as any guilds whose names begin with <guild name>.
- /who all <name> where the name is shared by a guild, class, or race should now return all matches.
- The state of /announce is now persisted across logins.
- Fixed a bug that could occur if you redeemed a LoN card when you had more than one of the same cards in your inventory.
*** UI ***
- Added some new drag icons and bitmaps to the animations file.
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
|Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)
|Announcement: New Everquest Expansion.
|Posted: Harden @ Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 am
Announcing EverQuest Underfoot!
In November 2009, the inhabitants of the world of EverQuest will enter the realm of Brell Serilis as they explore through the Underfoot. Announcing EverQuest® Underfoot, the 16th EverQuest expansion!
The Underfoot centers around the Heart of the World. This is the vast magma ball that floats in the center of a hollow sphere many miles across. Standing on any open interior portion of the sphere characters can look up to see the massive, blazing ball of living lava. The sphere is large enough that while individual areas have a "bowl" shape it is very minor. Lava flows into and out of the Heart of the World from volcanoes, lava tubes and crevasses all around the hollow sphere, like blood into and out of a heart.
It is into this troubled realm that players will travel.
* Along with the many new quests, items, spells, and alternate advancement (AA) abilities, Underfoot will include the following features:
o Expansion Progression Window – You'll be able to easily see what you have accomplished through Underfoot and which objectives you should achieve in order to travel in your desired progression path.
o Focus Target Window – This new target window will let you add specific targets to your list which will be helpful to monitor the health of Friends or Foe.
o New Zones – 12 to 15 new zones.
o All Inclusive - The expansion includes all features and content from the 15 previous expansion packs.
o More Weapon Models - Underfoot will have twice as many weapon models as any of the previous 15 expansions.
Visit the EverQuest Underfoot website for more details.
The Plane of Underfoot
The Plane of Underfoot is ruled by a curious being known as Brell Serilis, the Duke of Below. Brell is dwarf-like in appearance, wears the garb of a spelunker, and wields a magic pickaxe. The plane itself consists of an elaborate system of caves and caverns. This plane is inhabited by all sorts of creatures, both good and bad, that normally dwell under the ground. Brell Serilis created the dwarves and placed them beneath the surface of Norrath as part of a pact among Tunare, Prexus and himself, in response to the arrogant claim staked on Norrath by Veeshan.
Brell is allied with Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, and an enemy of Veeshan's. Followers of the Duke of Below believe that the surface world is a waste of space. They find true happiness in the caves, caverns and tunnels that permeate the belly of Norrath, but this is one of few points upon which all followers of Brell can agree. There are many different and often opposing factions who worship Brell. The Runny Eye Clan of goblins claim he is their father, much to the disgust of the dwarves of Kaladim who are certain that only the dwarves are the true children of Serilis. The vicious gnolls of Split Paw disagree entirely, for was it not Brell who sculpted them out of the sacred Clay of Cosgrove? Followers of Brell Serilis, in one form or another, can be found nearly anywhere you enter the Underfoot of Norrath.
History of the Underfoot
In time the other gods noticed Veeshan's work, and being often petty and jealous beings, they too came upon Norrath, intent upon leaving their mark. Brell Serilis was first, and from his Plane of Underfoot, a dark realm of vast caves and endless tunnels, he quietly created a magical portal to a cavern deep in the belly of Norrath. Through this portal the Duke of Underfoot seeded the depths of Norrath with all manner of creatures. Brell then returned home, sealing his portal within a labyrinthine chamber of mystical Living Stone.
And when the other gods came to Norrath, Brell Serilis approached each of them, and after some time convinced them to meet as one to discuss the fate of the world. The Great Mother Tunare, and Prexus, the Oceanlord were in attendance, and Rallos Zek, the warlord, was also there, yet in mistrust kept his distance. Brell, carefully avoiding all queries as to the origins of his information, told of Veeshan's discovery of the new and potentially powerful world in which she had deposited her brood. Words befitting the King of Thieves poured forth from Brell's lips and he proposed that they accept an alliance of sorts, to which all save Rallos Zek agreed, ignorant of the fact that Brell had already released some of his creations into the Underfoot of this new world.
The planet that would be called Norrath was divided up among these beings of power for the purpose of keeping the Wurmqueen in check. Each would create a race of beings to watch over Norrath and keep a vigilant eye on the schemes of dragonkind. Brell claimed the bowels of the planet and created the dwarves, stout and strong, deep beneath the mountains of Norrath. In the abysmal depths of the oceans Prexus left his children, the Kedge, hearty aquatic beings of great mental power and stamina. And on the surface of Norrath did Tunare create the elves, creatures of limitless grace and beauty, and Rallos Zek the giants, fierce and formidable beings, intent upon the defense of their lands. Thus began the Elder Age.
Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane and Cazic Thule came next to Norrath, and Brell met them, concocting a second pact with these latter gods, wishing another excuse to create more peoples into the world. Rallos Zek again watched from afar, determined to add to his creation as well, and this time Brell convinced the Warlord to join the pact, assuring him that it was indeed an appropriate time to fulfill his desires.
Deep in the earth did Brell return to create the gnomes, resembling dwarves to some extent, yet more wiry and gnarled, consumed with the tinkering of devices even more so than their cousins. On the surface, away from elves and giants, Bristlebane made the halflings, short and stubby folk, agile and with a propensity to meddle and even pilfer at times. Cazic Thule, Lord of Fear, was drawn to the swamps and jungles of Norrath and there created the green-skinned trolls and reptilian lizardmen. And Rallos Zek returned to the surface, pleased with his sanction to create even more peoples for his army. He made then the orcs, bred for battle and singled-minded in their desire for conquest and the ogres, massive, unmovable beings designed to have all the advantages of any race, hoping that they would develop as superior to all others.
|Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)
|Announcement: Bonus XP Weekend!
|Posted: Harden @ Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 pm
|Bonus XP Weekend!
In honor of Independence Day and the opening of the Mayong (51/50) Server, EverQuest adventurers will be surrounded by a magical experience increase from around 11:00 a.m. PDT on Thursday, July 2nd until around 9:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, July 6th. Those nasty mobs will be worth an extra 51% experience points (on all servers!) through the holiday weekend. Happy adventuring!
|Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)
|Announcement: New 51/50 server released!
|Posted: Harden @ Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 am
|Announcment from EQPlayers.com
Mayong (51/50) Server Opens June 30th!
We are pleased to announce that the Mayong (51/50) Server will be opening up at 11:00 am (PDT) Tuesday, June 30, 2009.
The rules of this server are the same as a standard server but the server does have the following differences:
* All new characters will:
o Start at level 51
o Start with 50 unspent AA points
o Start with a complete set of Flawed Defiant armor and weapons (Recommended level 50)
o Start with all spells and abilities through level 51
o Have all available skills at their maximum level (Spell specializations excepted)
o Tradeskills will not be set to a higher value initially
* Special Titles: There are a series of server first titles for the first defeat of various encounters.
The Mayong (51/50) Server is named after Mayong Mistmoore, one of Norrath’s most renowned vampires! Check back tomorrow as we share lore surrounding this historical figure.
|Comments: 2 :: View Comments (Post your comment)
The time now is Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:05 pm
All times are GMT
|Who is Online
|In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None
Most users ever online was 86 on Sun May 16, 2010 11:02 am